Thursday, May 6, 2010

End of Season


Coogee Sunset ?
or is that a moon rising











That will be the end of season for me 2009-2010.
The Bondi swims on 3rd May were cancelled (big surf), so the Coogee to Bondi swim on 28th April was a fitting end to a good season.
Covered a total distance about 92k, could have been a little more but I was a bit unlucky with having 4 swims cancelled for one reason or another (about 11k) with me geared up on the start line.
I'll rest up the next couple weeks, then back into training for an endurance swim I'm planning in July.

2 comments:

Shayne said...

Hi Richard,
Congratulations on 92 km. I wish I could do endurance, but I don't think I have the lungs for it. I can use asthma as an excuse.

See you at Mona Vale.

Shayne

Unknown said...

Hi Thanks.
If you can complete a 90-minute pool squad on intervals, I'm sure you could hang on for a 5k open water swim.
In my case I have only 2 paces: slow and medium-slow, so I actually prefer the longer swims. You have time to relax into the swim, so breathing is much easier. I never feel out of breath at the end, just my arms and shoulders sometimes feel like they're falling off near the finish.
I'll be looking out for you at the next 5k Penrith swim in November.